Published on July 4th, 2018 | by sligoadmin0
7 Ingenious Ways To Keep Cool
Ireland is basking in incredible record breaking temperatures at the moment and everyone is looking for ways to cool down. Met Eireann has predicted that the current spell is set to continue for the foreseeable future. It’s hot and sticky out there. What to do at night when you’re roasting and can’t sleep and during the day you feel like you are standing next to an open oven.
SSN has come up with a list of ways to help lower body temperature.
- Take a cold shower – until the water restrictions kick in that is.
- Wear sunglasses indoors – do this even if you feel like a twat and are ridiculed by work colleagues or family.
- Spend as much time as possible visiting the neighbours who have air conditioning or those that have a pool.
- Put bed sheets in the fridge for a few minutes before you go to bed – f(*k knows how this helps when they’re back in the airing cupboard.
- Make your home a nudist friendly location – walk around the house in the nip. Open the windows and doors and leave the curtains open. So what if the neighbours don’t approve it’s none of their business – so piss off George from number 10.
- So-called “experts” have advised avoiding alcohol as it will leave you dehydrated – don’t heed this rubbish. This is nonsense – there is nothing better that a cold beer on a hot day.
- Stick your arse in the fridge – note this may not be very hygienic.